For over 50 years I’ve been helping people see
the best that they are capable of. My practice is totally
dedicated to improving the lives of people with impaired
vision. Helping people with macular degeneration, Stargardt
Disease, diabetic retinopathy and other conditions who have been
told that nothing can be done to help is extremely satisfying, both
professionally and personally.
My purpose as a low
vision optometrist is to help people maximize their vision so they
can be more active, independent and enjoy a better quality of
I accomplish that goal by doing these 6 things:
1. I listen to each person so I can understand how their vision loss impacts their life. I want to know what they can accomplish with their remaining vision and what activities are most important that they need my help with.
2. I evaluate their vision very carefully with a variety of low vision glasses and other devices and determine which will be most helpful, considering the person’s remaining vision and their goals.
3. I demonstrate those that I find to be helpful, showing exactly how it will meet their needs. I want each person to able to make an informed decision.
4. I inform them of non-optical ways that will help them function better with their remaining vision.
5. I prescribe the glasses or devices that they choose as a result of my evaluation and the demonstrations.
6. I teach them how to use whatever I prescribe and make sure that they understand how to use it for maximum benefit.
FREE TELEPHONE CONSULTATION WITH
Low Vision Optometrist
Call Toll Free: 1 866 321-2030
Offices in Roanoke, Dublin and Waynesboro, Virginia